Thursday, April 22, 2010

Countdown

Wow only 2 days and approximately 12 hours until race time! I feel funny saying race, to me it’s more like let’s see how far you can run in front of hundreds of spectators. Needless to say I’m a little nervous. This week has gone by entirely too slow. I find myself not wanting to be at work.  Who am I kidding, I never want to be at work! :) I’m ancy and ready to get this show on the road. I guess I should be enjoying every moment since this is part of the experience but there is so much to think about. What if I forget my Garmin or IPod or God forbid my shoes or something important. I think I will double and triple check my bag. What if it’s rainy or windy? What if I don’t feel good? There comes a point where I just need to let go of the what ifs and trust that my training and hard work are about to pay off. So instead, I’m going to focus on the positive. I look forward to “carb loading” Saturday night and replenishing my lost carbs Sunday after the run. I look forward to my day off after the run and my trip to Portland in a couple of weeks. I look forward to crowds of people and surges of adrenaline. I look forward to crossing the finish line and completing my first half marathon. Let the countdown begin! I’m ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment