Friday, February 11, 2011

Change of Heart

After a lot of thinking, I've decided not to do the Big Sur marathon.  I’ll admit I’m a little bit sad but it was completely my choice.  It's not like me to let go of such an amazing opportunity but sometimes things come up that make you rethink things.  And I'm okay with changing my mind about something and doing what's right for me at the time.  It would have been an amazing race with a great group of girls and beautiful scenery but I was having a hard time finding the same passion and motivation this season.  I was going through the motions but I wasn’t loving it as much as I once did.  Don’t get me wrong, I still LOVE running and will still run every week but I’m not going to put any pressure on myself to run a marathon when I have other wants, desires, hopes and dreams.  Completing a marathon was AMAZING and I hope to do many more in my future, just not right now.  Big Sur is definitely still on my list of things to do someday.  I want to bring my joy of running back.  I want to run for fun for a little while and race when I feel like racing.  I definitely prefer to train in the Summer.  I’m a Summer girl so maybe next season I’ll gear up for marathon #2.  In the meantime maybe I’ll run some halves, maybe not.  No pressure, just good ole running for the fun of it!  To be honest I’m relieved in a lot of ways and it actually makes me even more excited to go for a run! 

No comments:

Post a Comment