Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Big Sur

On October 28th, 18 days after I completed my first marathon and said I would never do that again, I signed up for marathon #2.  Yep call me crazy!  There’s something about the time period after you finish a race that makes you feel invincible.  I don’t know what it is other than wanting to feel that feeling again.  For me, running isn’t nearly as fun unless I have something that I’m working towards.  I  like having a specific goal.  So when I was approached to run another marathon, I could feel the excitement and adrenaline soar like it did the times before when I signed up for a race.  I knew when I felt that feeling, that I should do it.  So without hesitation or concern for how I would do it (flight, hotels, etc) I just signed up!  Keep in mind when I signed up, I believe there were 28 spots left.  I didn’t have time to think, I just did it.  My next marathon will be Big Sur, May 1, 2011.  I am really excited to do this run.  It won’t be a PR run, it will be a challenging run that I hope someday I can say I completed.  I know it is going to be very hilly, windy and possibly foggy but it is also supposed to be one of the most beautiful, scenic marathons there is.  I don’t know that I look forward to Winter training again but I look forward to my 2nd marathon very much!  Bring it on Big Sur!  

No comments:

Post a Comment