Sunday, November 28, 2010

Route 66

It's hard to believe but it's been one week since the Route 66 Marathon.  Of course I didn't run in this event so maybe that's why it seems like more than just a week ago.  I tossed the idea around but ultimatly decided that a last minute race decision probably wouldn't have been wise.  I want to say Congratulations to all my friends/running family who completed this race.  It was a windy day and wind and running do not mix well.  Unless of course the wind is blowing in your favor.  I've come to the conclusion that regardless of wind, rain, hot or cold at some point you just have to sit back and rely on your training to get you through.  Unfortunatly we cannot control mother nature but we can control how we react to it.  I'm so proud of everyone who finished!!!  I also know a lot of people who got their PR that day which is simply amazing!  You guys inspire me!  I'm so happy to get to spend time with such an amazing group of strong individuals and I can't wait to start training again in January! 
CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!  Keep your head held high.  You did it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment