Saturday, January 8, 2011

1001

First let me apologize for not writing in so long.  I haven't been training like normal therefore there hasn't been as much to write about.  But let me back track for a minute and say that I met my goal of running 1000 miles in 2010.  1001 to be exact.  :)  This is something that I NEVER thought I could do, in fact I never intended on making this a goal until I realized it was reachable.  As you know, I just started running in December of 2009 so I've officially been running for 1 year plus a little.  I still consider myself a newbie but I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that I would have completed 2 half marathons and 1 full marathon in 2010.  I'm so proud of pushing myself to do something out of the ordinary.  What an amazing running year!  I hope 2011 is just as great!  Today training started.  My new running goal is Big Sur.  If you know me, then you know I hate cold weather.  Waking up to run in freezing, bone cold weather is not exactly my idea of fun.  But I must say when I'm done and thawed out, I feel great!  I hope that I can get through this season without wimping out.  I keep telling myself that Spring will be here before I know it and then all the training and hard work in the cold will pay off.  Until then I will bundle up and hope the cold Saturday morning runs go as good as possible!  I really love being back in the group setting.  Running with a training group is definitely the way to go and I love my running family.  Since I ran with Fleet Feet last season, it's nice to come back to some familiar faces.  It makes me feel like I'm right where I should be.  Cheers to a New Year and new training season!  I can't wait to see what this New Year has in store. 
16 weeks until marathon #2!        

No comments:

Post a Comment